What is website performance? This parameter actually means the speed of the site. It is hugely important, because a slow website is not going to be popular with users. Nobody is willing to waste time waiting for the page to load. Youâ€™ve got 2-5 seconds before visitors get impatient and start leaving the site. Every second of delay means fewer users and thus lost revenue and reputation.
If your site is not fast enough youâ€™ll also get a lower ranking on search engines, because site loading speed is one of the factors Google takes into consideration when determining the PR.
Page Load Time Monitoring
What is page load time? It is the period needed for the page content to load in the browser view.Â In order to make sure that your web pages are fast, it is very important to measure page load time on a constant basis. This way, itâ€™ll be possible to identify a speed problem before it affects too many visitors and harms the site reputation.
Sign up for Shopping Cart Diagnostics to measure page load time. Weâ€™ll ensure that it is acceptable, and alert you in case of any speed issues detected.
Website Response Time Optimization
The goal of web performance optimization is to drive greater traffic to a store by reducing the response time and hence, speeding up the site.
What factors are slowing down the site? A research at Yahoo and Google proved that 80-90% of load time issues occur at the front end. Most often, one or a combination of the following factors are responsible for the slowdown:
- Too many HTTP requests
- No expiration headers for static graphic files
- Incorrect HTML structure
Basically, the more elements your page has (like images, widgets, advertisements, graphics etc.) the more time it needs to load.
Find out how to speed up your store! Create an accountÂ at Shopping Cart Diagnostics now to optimise your website response time in the shortest possible time!
Connectivity Issues Check
There exist external factors which affect your website speed. They include the following:
- The type of Internet connection you use.Â It is the most important factor determining your connection speed. If your connection is slow, the website performance will be slow too.
- Spyware.Â It can slow down your system by interfering with your browser. Spyware monitors your Internet use and keystrokes which adds significant delays.
- Heavy traffic.Â In the situation when many people are trying to visit your store at the same time, delays are possible if it isn’t prepared to handle the traffic.
With Shopping Cart Diagnostics you can achieve better website performance. The tactics used include:
- Minimize redirects
- Minimize request size
- Optimize images
- Optimize the order of styles and scripts
- Combine images into CSS sprites
- Avoid long-running scripts
Sign up for Shopping Cart Diagnostics and check your website performance for any errors to make your site work faster than ever before!